Name :A1 Ring
No. of Races :7
First Race :Sep 21, 1997
Last Race :May 18, 2003
- The track was abandoned by Formula One for nearly a decade owing to security concerns.
- Was named A-1 Ring after the Austrian cellular phone provider A-1.
- This track has hosted seven consecutive races from 1997 to 2003 as the Formula One Austrian Grand Prix.
- Between these years the race was won three times each by Ferrari and McLaren-Mercedes drivers and two times each by Michael Schumacher and Mika Hakkinen.
- David Coulthard has clocked the fastest lap thrice at this venue but only won one race.
- In 2006, Austrian driver Alexander Wurz said that he would buy the circuit and have it renovated to put it too good use. However little has come about it since then.
- In 2008, it was declared that the track would never have any chance of hosting an F1 or Moto GP race. However plans are on to rebuild the track in order to have it ready as a racing venue for the DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)race in 2010.