No. of Races :3
First Race :Jun 04, 1989
Last Race :Mar 10, 1991
- It hosted the United States Grand Prix for three successive years from 1989 to 1991 before being replaced by Indianapolis in 2000.
- Ayrton Senna started at pole position in 1989 but did not complete the race. He however won both times in the final two years of the race.
- In 1990, Pierluigi Martini riding a Minardi made it to the front row of the grid, starting second behind Gehrard Berger. It was the only time a Minardi started on the front row of the starting grid of a Formula One race.
- Because of the scorching Arizona heat just six cars, out of the 26 that started, completed the race in 1989 and nine cars that started completed it in 1991. To add to that, crowd turn-outs were always low.
- The final blow came when word arose that a local ostrich festival drew more crowds than the F1 race forcing organizers to abandon it as a circuit from the 1992 season.