Name :TI Aida
No. of Races :2
First Race :Apr 17, 1994
Last Race :Oct 22, 1995
- The ‘Tanaka International’ circuit at Japan hosted two Formula One Races in 1994 and 1995.
- Both races were won by Michael Schumacher in his early Formula One years. He had also recorded the fastest laps in both races although he did not secure pole position in any of the two.
- Races were discontinued post 1995 due to the remote location of the area.
- The course was built in 1992, primarily as a race track for the wealthy people of Japan.
- This track put Japan in the record books of Formula One as one of five countries to host a Formula One race more than one time in a calendar year.
- In 2004, the name of the circuit was changed from ‘TI Aida’ to ‘Okayama International Circuit’.
- In 2008, the circuit hosted Formula V6 Asia and FIA World Touring Car Championships.