Name: Damon Hill
DOB: Sep 17 1960
Place Of Birth: London
Most Races For: Williams - 65
No. Of Races: 115
- Damon Hill is only 6th British driver to win the Driver’s World Championship after Mike Hawthorn, his father Graham Hill, Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart, John Surtees, James Hunt and Nigel Mansell
- To help finance his education Damon worked as a labourer and as a motorcycle courier
- Hill went to Winfield Racing School in France in 1983
- Mid-way in the 1992 season when he was still a test driver for Williams he also raced for Brabham team in place of Giovanna Amati.
- He made an appearance on "Demolition Man", the opening track of Def Leppard''s album Euphoria.
"So when Damon crossed the line in Japan in 1996 to win the championship it all just welled up inside me."
- Murray Walker, renowned F1 commentator and Damon’s friend.
"Damon has proved himself to have more integrity and dignity in his little finger than most people have got in their whole body."
- An angry Georgie Hill after Damon was dumped by Williams.
“I try to keep myself on an even keel by trying to be as critical of myself as I am of other people. I try to separate my performance from myself.”
- Damon Hill
“Winning is everything. The only ones who remember you when you come second are your wife and your dog.”
- Damon Hill
Most successful drivers to have raced with Damon Hill