Name: Juan Manuel Fangio
Nickname: The Master, El Chueco
DOB: Jun 24 1911
Place Of Birth: Balcarce
Most Races For: Maserati - 19
- Fangio is the only Argentine driver to have won an Argentine Grand Prix. He won four times.
- His five World Championship titles remained a record for 46 years before Michael Schumacher broke it.
- With 24 wins in 51 Grand Prix starts, Fangio has the best winning percentage, 47.06 in the sport’s history.
- On February 23, 1958, he was kidnapped by Cuban rebels but released later. He remained good friends with his captors.
- He died in Buenos Aires in 1995, at the age of 84.
"Fangio is on a level much higher than I see myself. What he did stands alone and what we have achieved is also unique. I have such respect for what he achieved. You can't take a personality like Fangio and compare him with what has happened today. There is not even the slightest comparison.”
-Michael Schumacher on Fangio
Most successful drivers to have raced with Juan Manuel Fangio