Name: Lee Wallard
DOB: Sep 8 1911
Place Of Birth: Schenectady, New York
Most Races For: Moore - 1
No. Of Races: 2
- Has the best start:win ration in World Championship history
- His average speed of 126.24 mph in 1951 was nearly 5 mph faster than the 1949 record.
- He spent just $30,000 on his smartly and simply designed car while the race win netted him $63,612
- He used a special fuel (40% alcohol, 40% gasoline, 20% benzol) that gave him more than six miles a gallon
- During the whole race, the Belanger car made just one pit stop.
“After winning the 1951 Indy 500, oil-smeared Driver Lee Wallard, grinning happily from ear to ear, had a modest explanation for his part of the winning gamble:
"I just tried to keep moving and stay out of trouble."
Most successful drivers to have raced with Lee Wallard